Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Cookie Bars

This is a super easy recipe that my mom used to make for us when we were little. I was recently looking for a good cookie/brownie alternative and remembered these. They are so good and so simple! I also like to freeze half the batch after they cook and cool so that I can have them on hand for an impromptu dessert. Enjoy.


Ingredients:

-1/2 c butter
-1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs (I make my own in my mini cuisinart but buying the pre made is a good timesaver)
-1.5 cups chocolate chips (if you are in the mood, you can swap in PB chips for a change)
-1 and 1/3 cups coconut flakes (I prefer sugar free)
-1 cup chopped walnuts
-1 can sweetened condensed milk

Directions:

-Preheat oven to 350.
-Melt butter in a 9x13 pan (I usually stick both in the oven while it's preheating)
-Mix graham cracker crumbs in with the butter to make the "crust," then press the mixture firmly into an even layer on the bottom of the pan.
-Layer the rest of the ingredients in the order listed.
-Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over everything.
-Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, or until cookie bars are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment