Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Summer Spaghetti

My mom brought this recipe home from a trip that she went on earlier this summer and it has quickly become a staple in my house. It is so easy and everyone loves it. Unlike most tomato sauces, it requires no cooking. I like to serve it room temperature over just cooked pasta so that it is warm but not hot, and lately I've been serving it without pasta as a garnish/side to fish or chicken. You can also use it for bruschetta if you have leftovers. I love using fresh tomatoes and basil from my garden when they are available, but store bought ingredients work just as well. I usually serve the spaghetti with a side of sliced grilled chicken, shrimp, or a fresh white fish, like swordfish or sea bass.


 Ingredients:
-6 tomatoes, diced
-2 cloves of garlic, minced
-1/2 white onion, minced
-2 tbs capers
-1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
-1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
-2 tbs red wine vinegar
-1/4 cup olive oil
-salt and pepper to taste
-1 box spaghetti

Directions:
-Toss everything together in a bowl.
-Cook spaghetti and toss sauce with warm pasta. Serve immediately.
-Note- sauce can be made ahead of time.








No comments:

Post a Comment